What is San Francisco PLUS?
San Francisco Pathway to Leadership in Urban Schools (PLUS) is a two-year leadership support and clear credential induction program that helps a small cohort of new assistant principals develop with the benefit of personalized coaching and monthly professional development. PLUS is devoted to developing essential leadership competencies, including articulating a vision for instruction, building strong relationships, and using data as way to accelerate student, teacher, and school growth.
What does San Francisco PLUS offer?
- Job-specific training: Practice-based professional development and the opportunity to develop core leadership skills.
- Personalized coaching: Receive biweekly feedback and support from an experienced leadership coach.
- A community of leaders: Access a diverse network of fellow aspiring leaders across San Francisco who will challenge you to grow and support you along the way.
- Clear Administrative Credential: After two successful years of service, San Francisco PLUS Leaders are eligble to receive their Clear Administrative Credential.
What are the eligibility requirements for the San Francisco PLUS program?
In order to be eligble for San Francisco PLUS for the 2018-19 School Year:
By June 30, 2018 applicants must:
- Posess a California Preliminary Administrative Credential or equivalent
- Be hired as an Assistant Principal within San Francisco Unified School District
What type of candidate is San Francisco PLUS looking for?
How do I apply for San Francisco PLUS?
The first stage in our selection process is to apply to be an Assistant Principal with SFUSD. We will announce when the application is open for the 2018-19 School Year.
The screening process for San Francisco PLUS is built into SFUSD's administrative selection process.
Are you currently accepting applications?
Our application for the 2017-18 School Year has closed. Sign up for our mailing list to be notified to apply for the 2018-19 School Year.
Can I apply for the program if I’m already certified?
Yes. PLUS provides job-embedded professional development and support that will benefit participants who currently possess a California Preliminary Administrative Credential or equivalent.
What if I don't have my Preliminary Administrative Credential?
If you do not currently hold a Preliminary Administrative Credential, in order to be considered for Site Administration within SFUSD and San Francisco PLUS for the 2018-19 School Year, you must complete one of the following options:
- Clear your Preliminary Credential through the CPACE exam:
- Enroll in a traditional California Preliminary Adminisrative Credential program.
We are happy to provide you with more information on these options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there any costs associated with the program?
The full tuition cost to provide Leaders with training, coaching and instructional materials will be provided at no cost to the Leader.
How many leaders does San Francisco PLUS currently support?
San Francisco PLUS currently supports 26 school leaders within San Francisco Unified School District across elementary, middle, and high school sites.
When does San Francisco PLUS start?
Beginning with a mandatory intensive summer training that will take place in July 2018, PLUS Leaders will develop the leadership competencies that will make them successful in their first months at their school site.
How can I learn more about San Francisco PLUS?
To learn more about our program and site administration in SFUSD, watch our latest webinar through the link below: